In order to get a certification as a lead-based paint risk assessor one must:
- Successfully complete and receive a course completion certificate from an accredited lead-based paint inspector and lead-based paint risk assessor training course
- Meet one of the following experience requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree and one year of experience in a related field (e.g. lead, asbestos, environmental remediation work, or construction)
- An associate degree and two years of experience in a related field (e.g., lead, asbestos, environmental remediation work, or construction)
- Certification as an industrial hygienist, professional engineer, registered architect, and/or certification in a related engineering/health/environmental field (e.g., safety professional, environmental scientist)
- A high school diploma (or equivalent), and at least 3 years of experience in a related field (e.g., lead, asbestos, environmental remediation work, or construction).
- Pass a lead-based paint risk assessor certification exam.
At Your Pace Online has partnered with the Oregon Health Authority in order to offer the lead-based paint risk assessor certification exam through our online proctoring system.
Before scheduling your exam, you will need to fill out the Lead-Based Paint Program Examination Request Form and send it to the Oregon Health Authority. They will then inform At Your Pace Online of your eligibility for the exam and you will be able to schedule a test.
This exam contains 113 questions and you will have 3 hours to complete it. Our proctoring system utilizes a webcamera, which can either be attached to your computer or on a mobile device. The actual test must be taken on a computer. During the exam you may not use any notes or outside assistance. Please make sure to remove any written material, any writing implements, and ensure that you will not be disturbed during the exam. Failure to follow the exam procedures will result in failing the test.
You are allowed 3 attempts to pass your exam, and you must reschedule each attempt individually. If you fail to pass the exam in those three attempts you will need to speak with OHA and become re-eligible.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: Oregon Health Authority
Mike Melvin, owner of At Your Pace Online, LLC, is the instructor and industry expert for Oregon Contractor Training (CCB) courses. Mike has owned, operated, and worked for numerous construction companies. Mike's relevant construction experience includes framing, concrete construction, foundations, and roofing. As the current owner and CCB-approved lead instructor for CCBLicense.com, he teaches multiple courses pertaining to construction and business. With over fifteen years of experience in the industry, Mike combines his proven understanding of teaching online education with the practical and academic industry knowledge needed by Oregon Contractors to allow them to complete their courses and get back to the job site.