This 16 hour course will prepare you to get your Oregon CCB contractor's license. The course follows the NASCLA text book issued by the CCB. Your book will be shipped to you in 3-5 business days.
The course is broken up into 10 chapters based on the 14 chapters of the NASCLA book.
This course will cover:
- The contractor licensing structure in Oregon.
- How to setup a business and hire employees.
- How to create and enforce contracts with subcontracts, vendors, customers, and more.
- The methods for managing projects and jobsites.
- The laws that will govern your business such as the Oregon Building Codes, environmental quality laws, and the tax regulations.
- How to manage the finances of a construction business including accounting systems and payroll.
- An overview of the building exterior shell.
The course is designed to progress at your pace. Each chapter has a review exam that will review the important topics of that chapter. You can review the chapters in any order and can go back to a chapter after completing it.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: State of Oregon: Construction Contractors Board
Mike Melvin, owner of At Your Pace Online, LLC, is the instructor and industry expert for Oregon Contractor Training (CCB) courses. Mike has owned, operated, and worked for numerous construction companies. Mike's relevant construction experience includes framing, concrete construction, foundations, and roofing. As the current owner and CCB-approved lead instructor for CCBLicense.com, he teaches multiple courses pertaining to construction and business. With over fifteen years of experience in the industry, Mike combines his proven understanding of teaching online education with the practical and academic industry knowledge needed by Oregon Contractors to allow them to complete their courses and get back to the job site.