This course was created to give Oregon contractors 8 hours of optional code update training. It will cover a wide selection of the significant changes made for the 2018 edition of the IRC.
- With a focus on improving code and industry flexibility, a variety of alternate methods have been added throughout the code.
- The standing first rule of “Safety First” has inspired numerous changes to improve the safety of both consumers and industry professionals.
The building industry is always changing. This class pays specific attention to:
- the increasing popularity of tiny houses, and
- the alternative energy options offered by Solar Energy Systems.
The class will move through the code changes chapter-by-chapter. While changes have been made throughout the code, this class narrows that material, keeping cross-chapter changes and omitting less significant code for the sake of brevity.
Show Course ID: 0
- Approved By: State of Oregon: Construction Contractors Board
Mike Melvin, owner of At Your Pace Online, LLC, is the instructor and industry expert for Oregon Contractor Training (CCB) courses. Mike has owned, operated, and worked for numerous construction companies. Mike's relevant construction experience includes framing, concrete construction, foundations, and roofing. As the current owner and CCB-approved lead instructor for CCBLicense.com, he teaches multiple courses pertaining to construction and business. With over fifteen years of experience in the industry, Mike combines his proven understanding of teaching online education with the practical and academic industry knowledge needed by Oregon Contractors to allow them to complete their courses and get back to the job site.